Subject: [PATCH] [52] Review of patch 5381 - Documentation for pgstatindex fragmentation

From: ahmedashour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 01:23:07 +0200

Hi all,

I’m a beginner contributor reviewing patch 5381 from Commitfest 52.
Here’s my feedback:

- Applied the patch to the master branch (as of Feb 26, 2025) using
`patch -p1 < 5381.patch`.
- It updates doc/src/sgml/pgstattuple.sgml, adding a paragraph about
`leaf_fragmentation`.
- Built the HTML docs with `make html` in the doc directory and
reviewed the output in a browser.
- The new text explains that `leaf_fragmentation` is the percentage of
fragmented leaf pages in an index, caused by deletions/updates, and
mentions performance impacts and REINDEX as maintenance.
- The explanation is clear and accurate. No formatting issues or typos
found in the HTML output.
- Suggestion: Adding a simple example like “A value of 30% means 30% of
leaf pages have gaps” could make it even more beginner-friendly.

Overall, it looks solid and ready for committer review. Thanks to
Frédéric Yhuel for this useful addition!

Regards,
[Ahmed Ashour]