Subject: [PATCH] Remove PROC_IN_ANALYZE

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 18:57:50 -0400

---
 src/backend/commands/analyze.c  | 13 +------------
 src/include/storage/proc.h      |  3 +--
 src/include/storage/procarray.h |  7 -------
 3 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/backend/commands/analyze.c b/src/backend/commands/analyze.c
index 924ef37c81..e0fa73ba79 100644
--- a/src/backend/commands/analyze.c
+++ b/src/backend/commands/analyze.c
@@ -247,11 +247,8 @@ analyze_rel(Oid relid, RangeVar *relation,
 	}
 
 	/*
-	 * OK, let's do it.  First let other backends know I'm in ANALYZE.
+	 * OK, let's do it.  First, initialize progress reporting.
 	 */
-	LWLockAcquire(ProcArrayLock, LW_EXCLUSIVE);
-	MyPgXact->vacuumFlags |= PROC_IN_ANALYZE;
-	LWLockRelease(ProcArrayLock);
 	pgstat_progress_start_command(PROGRESS_COMMAND_ANALYZE,
 								  RelationGetRelid(onerel));
 
@@ -279,14 +276,6 @@ analyze_rel(Oid relid, RangeVar *relation,
 	relation_close(onerel, NoLock);
 
 	pgstat_progress_end_command();
-
-	/*
-	 * Reset my PGXACT flag.  Note: we need this here, and not in vacuum_rel,
-	 * because the vacuum flag is cleared by the end-of-xact code.
-	 */
-	LWLockAcquire(ProcArrayLock, LW_EXCLUSIVE);
-	MyPgXact->vacuumFlags &= ~PROC_IN_ANALYZE;
-	LWLockRelease(ProcArrayLock);
 }
 
 /*
diff --git a/src/include/storage/proc.h b/src/include/storage/proc.h
index b20e2ad4f6..5ceb2494ba 100644
--- a/src/include/storage/proc.h
+++ b/src/include/storage/proc.h
@@ -52,7 +52,6 @@ struct XidCache
  */
 #define		PROC_IS_AUTOVACUUM	0x01	/* is it an autovac worker? */
 #define		PROC_IN_VACUUM		0x02	/* currently running lazy vacuum */
-#define		PROC_IN_ANALYZE		0x04	/* currently running analyze */
 #define		PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND	0x08	/* set by autovac only */
 #define		PROC_IN_LOGICAL_DECODING	0x10	/* currently doing logical
 												 * decoding outside xact */
@@ -60,7 +59,7 @@ struct XidCache
 
 /* flags reset at EOXact */
 #define		PROC_VACUUM_STATE_MASK \
-	(PROC_IN_VACUUM | PROC_IN_ANALYZE | PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND)
+	(PROC_IN_VACUUM | PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND)
 
 /*
  * We allow a small number of "weak" relation locks (AccessShareLock,
diff --git a/src/include/storage/procarray.h b/src/include/storage/procarray.h
index a5c7d0c064..01040d76e1 100644
--- a/src/include/storage/procarray.h
+++ b/src/include/storage/procarray.h
@@ -29,8 +29,6 @@
  */
 #define		PROCARRAY_VACUUM_FLAG			0x02	/* currently running lazy
 													 * vacuum */
-#define		PROCARRAY_ANALYZE_FLAG			0x04	/* currently running
-													 * analyze */
 #define		PROCARRAY_LOGICAL_DECODING_FLAG 0x10	/* currently doing logical
 													 * decoding outside xact */
 
@@ -42,7 +40,6 @@
  * have no corresponding PROC flag equivalent.
  */
 #define		PROCARRAY_PROC_FLAGS_MASK	(PROCARRAY_VACUUM_FLAG | \
-										 PROCARRAY_ANALYZE_FLAG | \
 										 PROCARRAY_LOGICAL_DECODING_FLAG)
 
 /* Use the following flags as an input "flags" to GetOldestXmin function */
@@ -50,10 +47,6 @@
 #define		PROCARRAY_FLAGS_DEFAULT			PROCARRAY_LOGICAL_DECODING_FLAG
 /* Ignore vacuum backends */
 #define		PROCARRAY_FLAGS_VACUUM			PROCARRAY_FLAGS_DEFAULT | PROCARRAY_VACUUM_FLAG
-/* Ignore analyze backends */
-#define		PROCARRAY_FLAGS_ANALYZE			PROCARRAY_FLAGS_DEFAULT | PROCARRAY_ANALYZE_FLAG
-/* Ignore both vacuum and analyze backends */
-#define		PROCARRAY_FLAGS_VACUUM_ANALYZE	PROCARRAY_FLAGS_DEFAULT | PROCARRAY_VACUUM_FLAG | PROCARRAY_ANALYZE_FLAG
 
 extern Size ProcArrayShmemSize(void);
 extern void CreateSharedProcArray(void);
-- 
2.20.1

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--