Subject: Re: test_escape: invalid option -- 'c'

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 13:11:11 +0000

Michael Paquier <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2025 at 11:12:13AM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
>> When I test test_escape, I find the usage of test_escape declares it
>> support -c option, however, when I use it, it complains it is an
>> invalid option.
>> 
>> Here is a patch to fix it.
>
> You are right, obviously.  The only reason why this is not showing up
> is that the TAP test uses the long option --conninfo.

This was something I did consider when porting the tests to use long
options: should we leave (or add) at least one usage of every
corresponding shor option, for exactly this reason?

> Speaking of which, this had better use fat commas to combine the
> option/value pairs in these commands.

I have a local branch which converts more of the tests to the long and
fat style, I'll try to finish that up for submission soon, and look at
adding/retaining coverage for short options.

- ilmari