Subject: Re: Use Python "Limited API" in PL/Python

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 09:41:29 +0100

On 05.03.25 17:40, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 03.03.25 11:17, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Update for the hackers list: This patch set was briefly committed but 
>> had to be reverted because it crashed on some older Python versions; 
>> see [0].
>>
>> I have locally reproduced the problem with Python 3.6 and 3.7; Python 
>> 3.8 is ok.  This matches the results from the buildfarm.
>>
>> I have poked at this a bit more but haven't gotten a good idea where 
>> or how to fix it so far.  Help welcome.
> 
> I have figured this out.  There was a Python API change/bugfix between 
> 3.7 and 3.8 that directly affects this patch.  The relevant commit is 
> <https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/364f0b0f19c>.  I have applied 
> the workarounds described there to my patch set, and now it works for 
> 3.6 and 3.7 as well.

This has all been committed now.

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 11:38:08 +0530

> This has all been committed now.

I felt we can mark this commitfest entry at [1] to commited now.
[1] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/patch/5416/

Regards,
Vignesh