Subject: Failure during Building Postgres in Windows with Meson

From: Shlok Kyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 14:29:39 +0530

Hi,
I am trying to build postgres with meson on Windows. And I am stuck in
the process.

Steps I followed:

1. I clone postgres repo

2.Installed meson and ninja
pip install meson ninja

3. Then running following command:
meson setup build --buildtype debug

4. Then I ran
cd build
ninja

Got following error
D:\project\repo\pg_meson\postgres\build>C:\Users\kyals\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\Scripts\ninja
ninja: error: 'src/backend/postgres_lib.a.p/meson_pch-c.obj', needed
by 'src/backend/postgres.exe', missing and no known rule to make it.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this error?

Thanks
Shlok Kumar Kyal