Subject: 2023-08-10 release announcement draft

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:15:32 -0400

Hi,

Attached is the release announcement draft for the 2023-08-10 update 
release, which also includes the release of PostgreSQL 16 Beta 3.

Please provide your feedback no later than August 10, 2023 0:00 AoE[1].

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 23:13:54 -0400

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

"Users who have skipped one or more update releases may need to run
additional, post-update steps; "

The comma should be removed.

"please see the release notes for earlier versions for details."

Use of 'for' twice is grammatically incorrect; I am partial to "please
see the release notes from earlier versions for details." but could
also see "please see the release notes for earlier versions to get
details."

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net