Subject: CFbot failed on Windows platform

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 17:07:20 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

A cfbot test suddenly failed with regression test error.

http://cfbot.cputube.org/highlights/all.html#4460

Following the link "regress" shows:
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5428792720621568/testrun/build/testrun/recovery/027_stream_regress/data/regression.diffs

diff --strip-trailing-cr -U3 C:/cirrus/src/test/regress/expected/collate.windows.win1252.out C:/cirrus/build/testrun/recovery/027_stream_regress/data/results/collate.windows.win1252.out
--- C:/cirrus/src/test/regress/expected/collate.windows.win1252.out	2024-07-11 02:44:08.385966100 +0000
+++ C:/cirrus/build/testrun/recovery/027_stream_regress/data/results/collate.windows.win1252.out	2024-07-11 02:49:51.280212100 +0000
@@ -21,10 +21,10 @@
 );
 \d collate_test1
         Table "collate_tests.collate_test1"
- Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default
+ Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default 
 --------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
- a      | integer |           |          |
- b      | text    | en_US     | not null |
+ a      | integer |           |          | 
+ b      | text    | en_US     | not null | 
 :
 :

The differences are that the result has an extra space at the end of
line.  I am not familiar with Windows and has no idea why this could
happen (I haven't changed the patch set since May 24. The last
succeeded test was on July 9 14:58:44 (I am not sure about time zone).
Also I see exactly the same test failures in some other tests (for
example http://cfbot.cputube.org/highlights/all.html#4337)

Any idea?

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS LLC
English: http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en/
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

---

From: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 12:04:42 +0300

Hi,

> +++ C:/cirrus/build/testrun/recovery/027_stream_regress/data/results/collate.windows.win1252.out        2024-07-11 02:49:51.280212100 +0000

I think It is related to the '628c1d1f2c' commit. This commit changed
the output of the regress test in Windows.

-- 
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft