Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd portability patches

From: Alexander Lakhin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2026 08:00:01 +0200

Hello hackers,

24.09.2025 09:31, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2025 at 11:30:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
>> Maybe I was wrong and we can at least categorize these failures -- I hope
>> their number is finite, but my point was that it's hardly possible to use
>> the information, that fruitcrow gives us, to improve Postgres.
> Or, for that matter, to improve GNU Mach/Hurd...

Another three months later, we can see all the fruitcrow failures
counted (113 so far) at:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Known_Buildfarm_Test_Failures
with the following main categories:
1) test_shm_mq times out on Hurd animal fruitcrow due to OS issue
2) pg_stat_statements/entry_timestamp.sql failed due to zero time diff on Hurd animal fruitcrow
3) multiple-row-versions.spec fails on Hurd animal due to OS issue
4) Miscellaneous tests fail on on Hurd animal due to invalid signal received
(and a few assorted failures)

I think it doesn't make much sense to keep tracking/sorting all the
failures produced by fruitcrow, so I'm going to just filter them out until
new Hurd release.

Best regards,
Alexander