Subject: Re: Fixes required for cross version update testing

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:57:25 -0500

On 2023-01-13 Fr 19:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Here's a piece of WIP for that, in the form of a perl module that
>> provides a function that takes an old version number / tag and provides
>> the set of sql statements that need to be run to make the old repo
>> upgradeable. It still needs a good deal of polish, but it's a start.
> Oh!  I've been hacking on exactly the same idea all day ...
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/891521.1673657296%40sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> 			

Oh, sorry if I have wasted some of your time. I posted my outline idea
and then it itched so I scratched.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com