Subject: Re: Networking in 7.4?

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:33:12 -0400

Josh Berkus <[email-masked]> writes:
> Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4?  That is, sufficient to 
> shout about in our PR materials?

The IPv6 support does everything you could want AFAIK, and is certainly
worth a bullet point.

I'm not sure how "full" the Rendezvous support is; we have some
Rendezvous-specific code in the postmaster now, but I have little idea
what it does or whether there is more stuff that Rendezvous users might
wish for.  Might be wise to avoid the word "full" in this context.
Unless there is someone on the list who knows Rendezvous well enough
to offer an opinion?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:10:59 -0400 (EDT)

> Unless there is someone on the list who knows Rendezvous well enough

The Rendezvous patch submitter doesn't believe there is anything more to
add --- he says it just works.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073