Subject: [[email-masked]: Majordomo Delivery Error]

From: Roberto Mello <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:15:36 -0700

I think somebody has the "owner" address forwarding to the list.
Really annoying. Would somebody please stop that?

	Thanks,

	-Roberto

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Majordomo Delivery Error
To: [email-masked]
X-VMS-To: IN%"[email-masked]"

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A Majordomo message could not be delivered to the following addresses:

  [email-masked]:
    450 4.7.1 <[email-masked]>... Can not check MX records for recipient host htmlhost.net

-- Original message omitted --

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club|------+
  Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net 
      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer    
A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 15:10:52 -0400

> 	I think somebody has the "owner" address forwarding to the list.

No, certainly not --- otherwise we'd all be drowning in bounce messages.
The Postgres mailing lists are correctly configured.  However, there are
certain sites that run broken mail software that sends bounce messages
back to the author of the individual message being bounced, rather than
sending 'em to the list owner address like it should.

If you get a bounce message for mailing list traffic that you authored,
then forward it to Marc, who otherwise may not find out that the dead
address needs to be removed from the lists.

You might also try complaining to the postmaster at the offending site,
but I've found that's generally a waste of time; if the admin had a clue
you'd never have seen any bounce anyway.

			regards, tom lane