Subject: Re: pgsql: Add support for building with ZSTD.

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 15:18:57 +0900

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 06:53:10PM +0000, Robert Haas wrote:
> Add support for building with ZSTD.
> 
> This commit doesn't actually add anything that uses ZSTD; that will be
> done separately. It just puts the basic infrastructure into place.
> 
> Jeevan Ladhe, Robert Haas, and Michael Paquier. Reviewed by Justin
> Pryzby and Andres Freund.

I completely forgot that the section of the docs dedicated to the TAP
tests with MSVC also needs a refresh to mention the new variable ZSTD,
as of the attached.  Do you mind if I apply that?

Thanks,
--
Michael
diff --git a/doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml b/doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml
index 98fa6962f6..91b1410e4a 100644
--- a/doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml
+++ b/doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml
@@ -557,6 +557,15 @@ $ENV{PROVE_TESTS}='t/020*.pl t/010*.pl'
       <varname>PATH</varname>.
      </para></listitem>
     </varlistentry>
+
+    <varlistentry>
+     <term><varname>ZSTD</varname></term>
+     <listitem><para>
+      Path to a <application>zstd</application> command. The default is
+      <literal>zstd</literal>, that would be the command found in
+      <varname>PATH</varname>.
+     </para></listitem>
+    </varlistentry>
    </variablelist>
   </para>
  </sect2>

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 09:45:05 -0500

> as of the attached.  Do you mind if I apply that?

No issues at all with you adjusting this, but I think that sentence
reads a little awkwardly. Perhaps instead of "The default is
<literal>zstd</literal>, that would be the command found in
<varname>PATH</varname>." you could write something like "The default
is <literal>zstd</literal>, which will search for a command by that
name in the configured <varname>PATH</varname>." Or maybe something
else is better, not sure exactly, your version just seems a little odd
to me.

-- 
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com