Subject: Hot standby v5d, fails to build on windows

From: "Jaime Casanova" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:09:18 -0500

Hi,

Seems like you can't use "uint" on windows, it fails trying to compile this:

  typedef struct xl_xact_commit
  {
  	TimestampTz xact_time;		/* time of commit */
+ 	int			slotId;			/* slotId in procarray */
+ 	uint		xinfo;			/* info flags */

The error message is:
"""
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement
 -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -g
-I../../../../src/include -I./src/include/port/win32 -DEXEC_BACKEND
"-I../../../../src/include/port/win32" -DBUILDING_DLL  -c -o heapam.o
heapam.c -MMD -MP -MF .deps/heapam.Po
In file included from heapam.c:50:
../../../../src/include/access/xact.h:109: error: syntax error before "uint"
../../../../src/include/access/xact.h:109: warning: no semicolon at
end of struct or union
../../../../src/include/access/xact.h:117: error: syntax error before '}' token
../../../../src/include/access/xact.h:117: warning: type defaults to
`int' in declaration of `xl_xact_commit'
../../../../src/include/access/xact.h:117: warning: data definition
has no type or storage class
"""
I was able to compile changing uint for uint32 but i'm not sure if
that is the aproppiate type...
-- 
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
Asesoría y desarrollo de sistemas
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. +59387171157