Subject: remove switch statement in vector8_shift_{left,right}

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2026 19:32:16 -0500

In commit ec8719ccbf, I added a switch statement with all expected shift
counts for vector8_shift_{left,right} because AArch64's vshlq_n_u32 and
vshrq_n_u32 require an integer literal.  I discovered that we can use
vshlq_u32 instead for both cases, which avoids the need for the switch
statement and compiles to the same machine code on recent gcc/clang.

-- 
nathan

---

From: John Naylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2026 12:28:36 +0700

> statement and compiles to the same machine code on recent gcc/clang.

Hmm! +1

--
John Naylor
Amazon Web Services

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2026 11:40:56 -0500

Committed.

-- 
nathan