Subject: possible typo for CREATE PUBLICATION description

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 07:16:39 +0000

Hi,

I noticed a possible typo in the doc for create publication.
This applies to PG15 as well.
Kindly have a look at the attached patch for it.

Best Regards,
	Takamichi Osumi

---

From: Peter Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 18:26:16 +1100

> Kindly have a look at the attached patch for it.

Your typo correction LGTM.

FWIW, maybe other parts of that paragraph can be tidied too. e.g. The
words "actually" and "So" didn't seem needed IMO.

~

BEFORE
For an INSERT ... ON CONFLICT command, the publication will publish
the operation that actually results from the command. So depending on
the outcome, it may be published as either INSERT or UPDATE, or it may
not be published at all.

SUGGESTION
For an INSERT ... ON CONFLICT command, the publication will publish
the operation that results from the command. Depending on the outcome,
it may be published as either INSERT or UPDATE, or it may not be
published at all.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:37:58 +0200

Hello

> Kindly have a look at the attached patch for it.

Yeah, looks good.  It actually applies all the way back to 10, so I
pushed it to all branches.  I included Peter's wording changes as well.

Thanks

-- 
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Ellos andaban todos desnudos como su madre los parió, y también las mujeres,
aunque no vi más que una, harto moza, y todos los que yo vi eran todos
mancebos, que ninguno vi de edad de más de XXX años" (Cristóbal Colón)

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 12:02:09 +0000

Hi, Alvaro-san

On Thursday, October 13, 2022 8:38 PM Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Yeah, looks good.  It actually applies all the way back to 10, so I pushed it to
> all branches.  I included Peter's wording changes as well.
> 
> Thanks
You are right and thank you so much for taking care of this !

Best Regards,
	Takamichi Osumi