Subject: Re: remove the unneeded header file math.h in binaryheap.c

From: "liujinyang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2026 15:58:36 +0800

Hi Alvora,&nbsp;
thanks for your review.
So wha't the next should I do for commit it, because this is my first patch.

Best Regards
liujinyang

         原始邮件

发件人：Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]&gt;
发件时间：2026年1月14日 01:18
收件人：liujinyang <[email-masked]&gt;
抄送：pgsql-hackers <[email-masked]&gt;
主题：Re: remove the unneeded header file math.h in binaryheap.c

       On&nbsp;2026-Jan-13,&nbsp;liujinyang&nbsp;wrote:

&gt;&nbsp;Hi&nbsp;Hackers,
&gt;&nbsp;
&gt;&nbsp;I&nbsp;found&nbsp;in&nbsp;file&nbsp;binaryheap.c，&nbsp;file&nbsp;"math.h"&nbsp;was&nbsp;included,&nbsp;but&nbsp;it&nbsp;is&nbsp;uncessary,&nbsp;so&nbsp;I&nbsp;removed&nbsp;it&amp;nbsp;
&gt;&nbsp;and&nbsp;filing&nbsp;a&nbsp;patch&nbsp;to&nbsp;address&nbsp;the&nbsp;issue.

Fun.&nbsp;&nbsp;This&nbsp;was&nbsp;already&nbsp;unnecessary&nbsp;at&nbsp;commit&nbsp;7a2fe9bd0371&nbsp;which
introduced&nbsp;the&nbsp;file.&nbsp;&nbsp;It&nbsp;seems&nbsp;Abhijit&nbsp;had&nbsp;that&nbsp;include&nbsp;in&nbsp;his&nbsp;first
version&nbsp;[1]&nbsp;because&nbsp;he&nbsp;was&nbsp;using&nbsp;floor().&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Robert&nbsp;rewrote&nbsp;it&nbsp;later&nbsp;[2]
and&nbsp;replaced&nbsp;that&nbsp;with&nbsp;straight&nbsp;arithmetic,&nbsp;making&nbsp;the&nbsp;include
unnecessary,&nbsp;but&nbsp;forgot&nbsp;to&nbsp;remove&nbsp;it.

[1]&nbsp;https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]&nbsp;
[2]&nbsp;https://postgr.es/m/CA%2BTgmobvR7XW9fjj2RNY7sKK-VAG5nahfai_zV51rHVLDNvaBg%40mail.gmail.com

--&nbsp;
Álvaro&nbsp;Herrera&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;48°01'N&nbsp;7°57'E&nbsp;&nbsp;—&nbsp;&nbsp;https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2026 11:47:51 +0100

On 2026-01-15, liujinyang wrote:
> Hi Alvora, 

Nothing.  I'll push it soon, no worries.

In the future, if patches don't get committed in a day or so, you can add them to a commitfest so that they aren't forgotten -- see https://commitfest.postgresql.org.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera