Subject: ECPG ---> preproc.y

From: "Dimitrova, Ekaterina Buryanova" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 23:45:22 +0000

Hi,

There was a project done over the parser over Postgresql 9.1.1

I am trying currently to migrate it to Postgresql 10.4. Even if I did everything In the parser itself I started receiving errors from preproc.y which I observed is not presented in Postgresql 9.1.1 and I am struggling a bit. I tried to find some README or documentation related not to start from scratch checking the details but unsuccessfully.

Can you share any information/links/articles, please? Also, relationships between the parser y file and the preproc.y?

Thank you in advance!
Kate

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:52:08 +0100

> Can you share any information/links/articles, please? Also,
> relationships between the parser y file and the preproc.y?

preproc.y is auto-generated from gram.y by running parse.pl which you
can find in src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc. Some of the rules have to
changed by the script and some additional ones are added. You'll find
the information in the script and several files named ecpg.* in the
same directory.

Hope this helps.

Michael
-- 
Michael Meskes
Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De, Michael at Meskes dot (De|Com|Net|Org)
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org
Jabber: michael at xmpp dot meskes dot org
VfL Borussia! Força Barça! SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux, PostgreSQL