Subject: PostgreSQL XA resource manager for C/C++ apps

From: trn nrjn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:39:50 +0530

Hi,

Could you please assist with the following when not using ODBC/JDBC?

1. Does PostgreSQL participate as an XA resource manager in an XA
transaction managed by a transaction manager (eg: Oracle Tuxedo) for C/C++
applications?

2. If so, can you please advice -

                2.1. PostgreSQL xa_open string to be used for PostgreSQL XA
resource manager by C/C++ applications managed by a a transaction manager
(eg: Oracle Tuxedo)?

                2.2. PostgreSQL XA switch structure (xa_switch_t) to be
used (similar to xaosw for Oracle database)?

                2.3. Is there any link that I can use as reference for
 PostgreSQL XA resource manager?

Thanks and regards
Shuba

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 08:46:16 -0500

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 at 02:10, trn nrjn <[email-masked]> wrote:

>                 2.1. PostgreSQL xa_open string to be used for PostgreSQL
> XA resource manager by C/C++ applications managed by a a transaction
> manager (eg: Oracle Tuxedo)?
>

opengauss-mirror/openGauss-connector-odbc: openGauss odbc connector
(github.com) <https://github.com/opengauss-mirror/openGauss-connector-odbc>
seems
to have one.

 Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

---

From: trn nrjn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 14:24:51 +0530

Thanks Dave. This seems to use ODBC whereas I am looking for XA support in
PostgreSQL C/C++ client library itself, something similar to what Oracle
provides in the OCI library. Can you please suggest if there is one?

Thanks.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 at 7:16 PM, Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> (github.com)
> <https://github.com/opengauss-mirror/openGauss-connector-odbc> seems to
> have one.
>
>  Dave Cramer
> www.postgres.rocks
>
>

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 06:03:14 -0500

> provides in the OCI library. Can you please suggest if there is one?

the project does not  provide one.  If that is the question. I am not aware
of any either. Sorry .

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks