Subject: Re: JDBC driver has EOL'd component

From: Sehrope Sarkuni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:51:02 -0400

On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 6:48 PM Suren Sethumadhavan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Looks like JDBC drivers are shipping with an EOL’s version of Checker Qual
> (v 3.5.0).
>
>
>    1. Can you please confirm this?
>    2. If confirmed, when can we expect a version with newer versions of
>    this component?
>
>
This is not a security issue and should be directed to the general pgjdbc
mailing list (cc'ed).

The pgjdbc driver does not ship with any embedded dependencies. The driver
dependencies are part of the the Maven pom and the latest version of the
driver has a checker-qual dependency of 3.31.0:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/postgresql/postgresql/42.6.0/postgresql-42.6.0.pom

While we periodically update the minimum dependency versions for the
driver's internal dependencies as we leverage new features, there is no
specific schedule for it. In the interim, if you want to use a newer
version of that dependency, you'll need to update your local pom.xml or
gradle config to override the checker-qual dependency.

Regards,
-- Sehrope Sarkuni
Founder & CEO | JackDB, Inc. | https://www.jackdb.com/

---

From: Rob Bygrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:57:18 +1300

*> override the checker-qual dependency.*

Noting that the checker-qual dependency is not actually needed [as a
transitive dependency] and instead can be *excluded* altogether (e.g. via
maven exclusions) rather than updated.

Cheers, Rob.

On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 at 05:11, Sehrope Sarkuni <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Looks like JDBC drivers are shipping with an EOL’s version of Checker
>> Qual (v 3.5.0).
>>
>>