Subject: Senior DBA (Platform Services) (f/m/d) - IONOS SE, Berlin/Germany

From: Pawel Kuzak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:02:20 +0000

With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and
cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art
technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many
different countries every day.

Your Tasks

 * Database installs, upgrades, patching, security, troubleshooting and
   issue resolution, backup procedures, and performance tuning
 * Advise on scaling our Core Database (Regions \ Availability Zones -
   bare metal installs).
 * Implement backup and recovery processes.
 * Optimize query performance.
 * Perform database health checks.
 * Plan and perform the database upgrades.
 * Perform maintenance.
 * Work closely with the application team to understand changes
   planned, perform an impact analysis, and provide feedback.
 * Automate deployment.
 * Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
 * Due to the 24x7 operations of the business you must be able to work
   a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends,
   holidays, emergency escalations, etc.
 * Contributes to our roadmap of microservice development in the design
   of new architectures and services.

We appreciate

 * Experience with PostgreSQL version 10 and over in mission critical
   applications.
 * Experience with PostgreSQL replication topologies, physical and
   logical replication.
 * Experience with PostgreSQL HA Setups, e.g. Patroni, repmgr.
 * Knowledge of PostgreSQL backup strategies and tools e.g. barman,
   pgbackrest, wal-e/wal-g.
 * Good understanding of PostgreSQL performance on bare-metal and
   virtual machines running Linux.
 * Knowledge of PostgreSQL monitoring using tools such as Prometheus
   and Grafana.
 * General knowledge of Linux systems, volume management, filesystems,
   proficiency with bash.
 * Knowledge of supporting infrastructure for Postgres, connection
   poolers and proxies.
 * (optional) knowledge of Ansible automation.
 * (optional) experience with PostgreSQL in Kubernetes.

Additional Information

 * Business level German\English
 * Outgoing\good communicator

Apply here:
https://united-internet.talentry.com/share/job/242104/620141/1659436240/3

[https://united-internet.talentry.com/shareImage/zvyzt77zojcgo18gdrhmpv]<https://united-internet.talentry.com/share/job/242104/620141/1659436240/3>

Senior DBA (w/m/d) - Platform Services - #2451<https://united-internet.talentry.com/share/job/242104/620141/1659436240/3>
united-internet.talentry.com
Pawel Kuzak empfiehlt diese offene Stelle.

Regards,
Pawel