Subject: DBA Team Lead job posting (Dubai)

From: Palina Hukava <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:39:08 +0300

Hi Everyone!

Deriv.com is expanding and we are looking for a PostgreSQL Team Lead to join our team in Dubai (a full-time onsite opportunity; relocation is discussed individually)!  

Deriv Group is one of the largest brokers in the world, with over 1,200 team members and 20 global offices. In a journey spanning more than 22 years, we have designed and implemented proprietary trading products and services, growing our markets to over 2.5 million customers worldwide. Our mission has remained the same throughout: to make trading accessible to anyone, anywhere.

Your role

​
As a DBA Team Lead at Deriv, you will play a critical role within the highly talented
Infrastructure and Resilience group. You will use your extensive experience to ensure that our
databases are highly scalable, secure, performant and resilient. Leading a team of DBAs, and in
collaboration with product developers and other teams, you will guarantee the security, integrity,
and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.

Your challenges 

●  The role is technically challenging and fast-paced. You will need to show initiative, and
take responsibility for resolving complex problems.

●  Keeping your team focused, balancing leadership and hands-on technical work.

●  Critical and wide-ranging maintenance and improvement initiatives. For example, you

might be migrating our database clusters to kubernetes, automating data sanitization, or

reviewing database access code.

●  You will proactively monitor the database landscape, looking for ways to innovate and

refine to meet ever increasing volume, performance, security and availability challenges.

●  Managing, inspiring, nurturing and growing junior members of the team.

●  The role requires multi-site collaboration over different time zones.

What you have

●  10+ years of recent experience as a database engineer or DBA - with PostgreSQL, SQL,
PL/pgSQL or similar technologies.

●  Experience of leadership and a desire to lead a strong team.

●  Extensive experience working with large, distributed, high-performance, high availability

databases with 24/7 uptime.

●  Excellent software development skills, with at least one multi-purpose language such as

Java, .NET or Python.

●  Knowledge of Linux, Shell Scripting and AWS/GCP.

●  A university degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.

●  Excellent communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English.

●  Ability to travel, occasionally, between office locations across the globe.

What’s Good To Have

●  Experience in the fintech and/or trading industries.

●  Experience with devops automation tooling such as Terraform, Kubernetes.

●  Experience with database CI/CD tools and implementation.

●  Experience with SQL Server, MySQL and Redis.

What we’ll give you

●  Market-based salary

●  Annual performance bonus

●  Medical insurance

●  Housing and transportation allowance

●  Casual dress code

●  Work permit

Interested? 

Feel free to send your CV to mailto:[email-masked]  or apply directly via the link:https://deriv.zohorecruit.eu/jobs/Careers/47807000035320148/PostgreSQL-Database-Team-Lead?source=PostgresCommunity

We do have the opening of a Senior DBA (Dubai) - https://deriv.zohorecruit.eu/jobs/Careers/47807000027108170/Senior-Database-Administrator?source=PostgresCommunity

Here you can find more information about us: 

https://deriv.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/derivdotcom/

Looking forward to your CVs!

  Palina Hukava  |  Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist  
   E   mailto:[email-masked]  |  M   +375 44 722 38 59
   https://deriv.com/