Subject: PostgreSQL Contributor @ Timescale

From: Aleksander Alekseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:54:31 +0300

Timescale is looking for experienced developers who are passionate about
contributing to open-source software (OSS).

At Timescale, we believe we benefit greatly from open-source projects and
ecosystems. As members of the PostgreSQL ecosystem – TimescaleDB is
implemented through the PostgreSQL extension framework – we believe it's
only right that we give back to the PostgreSQL community. That's where you
come in!

Your primary focus will be contributing to the open-source PostgreSQL
project. You will work on projects that are important to Timescale's
integration with PostgreSQL, as well as projects that have nothing to do
with Timescale at all but are valuable to the PostgreSQL community. When
applying for this position, please submit a link to a public PR you
submitted to an open-source project (and even better, for PostgreSQL).

We believe in open-source.  TimescaleDB is fully available on GitHub, free
to use and its core is Apache-2 licensed. We also believe in giving back to
the ecosystems we are part of.

Timescale is a 100% remote organization, with engineers throughout the
world; this is a full-time position.

== Responsibilities ==

- Be a good contributing member to the PostgreSQL community.
- Work with the PostgreSQL community to determine high-impact projects to
work on.
- Develop production-ready features for PostgreSQL.
- Fix bugs and review patches for PostgreSQL, take part in CommitFests.
- Help expand PostgreSQL as a development platform for extensions and
storage engines.
- Help facilitate and align TimescaleDB's development work with PostgreSQL.
- Coach and consult other teams on how best to contribute to PostgreSQL.

== Skills & Requirements ==

- Passion for open-source development and culture
- Strong C skills and knowledge of modern software development practices
- Past contributions to PostgreSQL is a major plus
- 5+ years as a developer writing software systems
 - Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
 - Excellent verbal and written communication skills

== About Timescale ==

Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational
database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust
TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The
company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses
worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that
measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial
equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior,
machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across
the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand
what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is
changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and
is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates,
Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading
investors. For more information, visit timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.

Apply for this Job: https://www.timescale.com/careers/5126779002

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

---

From: Aleksander Alekseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:33:33 +0300

Hi everyone,

> Apply for this Job: https://www.timescale.com/careers/5126779002

The URL has changed: https://www.timescale.com/careers/6130277002

If it will stop working in the future, please check out the bottom of the
https://www.timescale.com/careers page. If you will not find the
"Open Source PostgreSQL Contributor" role there feel free reaching
out to me directly.

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev