Subject: BI Temporality in PostgreSQL

From: Jean Baro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:17:17 -0300

Hi there,

After PostgreSQL, Datomic is my favorite Database concept/vision (I have
never worked with it, though). IMO, the most interesting capability is the
time travel capability, which would be helpful in a large set of companies
and PostgreSQL users.

https://blog.dbi-services.com/temporal-tables-for-postgresql-15/

Is there anything discussed to support *Bi*temporality natively in
PostgreSQL?

Thanks

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 10:37:37 -0500

> Is there anything discussed to support *Bi*temporality natively in

There are people working on the SQL-standard temporality features [1].
Not sure if that's exactly what you have in mind.

			regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA+renyUApHgSZF9-nd-a0+OPGharLQLO=[email-masked]