Subject: Run make checkinstall with configurable user.

From: mahendrakar s <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:36:57 +0530

Hi,

Is there a way to run the make checkinstall for 3rd party extensions
with a configurable user? Specifically regression tests of the
extension.
Basically, I want the regression tests to be run as other user than
the super user.

I'm looking for something like this:

make checkinstall PG_USER=<otheruser>

Thanks,
Mahendrakar.

---

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:24:37 +0200

> make checkinstall PG_USER=<otheruser>

For extensions built using PGXS, you can use:

 PGUSER=myuser make installcheck

Yours,
Laurenz Albe