Subject: Modeling database

From: Norton Glitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:51:21 -0300

Hello,

In my site users will choose one subscription to have a certain amount of
properties to advertise.

For example, if he bought a subscription with 5 ads, he can advertise 3
houses and 2 apartments.

The user can also modify the subscription, for like 10 ads. Now the same
user can advertise 5 more properties. But he can also decrease the amount
of ads, for example 2. But in this case he will have already more than 2
ads running.

Is there a way for everytime the subscription changes, if he has more ads
than the subscription allows it just turn off the amount that is more than
hired?

I'm not sure how to model this problem yet. Any answer would be awesome.

Thank you

---

From: James Keener <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 11:56:07 -0400

I wouldn't automatically remove/disabled anything without the user choosing.

You could have a before trigger that will fail if the new plan has fewer ads than they currently have active. You can return an error message when you `raise` the error that the application can use to notify the user that they need to choose which ads to disable before downgrading their account. 

Jim

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.