Subject: Relation between postgresql-Version and psqlODBC-Version

From: Linus Hassel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 11:05:58 +0200

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

is there any relation between the postgresql-Version and  
psqlODBC-Version? So is it possible to run a postgresql-server in  
version 12 and get a working  connection with psqlODBC-driver version  
11.01.0000? Or have i to upgrade the driver to version 12x when i run  
a postgresql server in version 12.x?

Best regards,

Linus Hassel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Linus Hassel
________________________________________

Goethe Universität Frankfurt/M
Hochschulrechenzentrum
Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 1
60323 Frankfurt am Main

Arbeitsgruppe Campus Management

E-Mail: hassel at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Phone : +49 (69) 798 17276
URL   : http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/hrz

---

From: Danny Severns <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 17:41:39 -0500

If I understand the question, yes there is a relationship.  I would say 
your latter statement is correct.  As far as I know, the ODBC drivers 
are backwards compatible but not forward compatible, although most 
things in ODBC 11 would work with 12, just not new features not 
comprehended in the older ODBC driver.