Subject: Question - ODBC driver version vs. PostgreSQL version

From: Blade Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 15:31:53 -0500

Hello,

I was wondering if the psqlodbc drivers are backwards compatible? If so,
are there any reasons why I should not always choose the most current odbc
version?

If they are not backwards compatible should I just use a driver with the
same major version number?

   - For example, currently PostgreSQL v13.12
   <https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>
   is available but the most current major ODBC is v13.02
   <https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/>

Thank you for your time,
Blade

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 07:19:11 -0400

I've just started taking over the ODBC project so take this with a grain of
salt. My experience is that new drivers work on older versions. How far
back that goes I cannot guarantee.

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks