Subject: Diferences between mimalloc and regular releases?

From: Joan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 17:41:06 +0100

I am looking into the best version of the ODBC to install in a current
system (windows server 2019 to a posgres 17 server). I've seen on the
relelases site here (https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/releases/), that
there are two different versions of the odbc:
- standard one
- mimalloc for better memory management

It seems to came from here
https://github.com/postgresql-interfaces/psqlodbc/pull/14
Are there any inconvenients with the mimalloc version or should be the
preferred in case of doubt?

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 08:14:36 -0400

Please ask the question on github. You will likely get a better answer
there as the author of mimalloc will see it
Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks