Subject: could not send data to client: Connection reset by peer

From: James Pang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 20:13:10 +0800

experts,
   Postgresql v14.8,  client app use Postgresql JDBC, it start a single
query that return 470k rows totally in one time, but sometimes, database
server side got error "could not send data to client: Connection reset by
peer".
   any idea why it faced this error?

Thanks,

James

---

From: Tomas Vondra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 02:38:13 +0100

On 11/21/24 13:13, James Pang wrote:
> server side got error "could not send data to client: Connection reset
> by peer". 

This means the TCP/IP connection got closed abruptly. It might be
because the client had some issue, or something on the network path
decided to block the connection (like a router or a firewall).

regards

-- 
Tomas Vondra