Subject: will postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 become available in the postgres repository?

From: Arya F <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 00:15:31 -0400

Hello Everyone

I installed Postgresql 11 using the Postgresql apt repository listed below

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main

and I was also able to install postgresql-11-postgis-2.5

I have now installed Postgresql 12, but no package named
postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 exists yet. Will this package soon become
available in the postgres apt repository?

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:55:53 +0200

Re: Arya F 2019-10-10 <[email-masked]>
> available in the postgres apt repository?

Hi,

at the moment we have the problem that postgis 3.0beta builds are
already in the repository, so we unfortunately blocked our way to do
any more 2.5 builds.

3.0.0 is due very soon, so I can't say if we'll be able to provide 2.5
builds. Likely, the outcome will be that you should go for
postgresql-12-postgis-3 once it's out.

Christoph