Subject: postgresql-11-postgis-2.5 (2.5.3) broken on Debian Stretch

From: Nicolas Payart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:33:32 +0200

Hi,

It seems that the recent update of the postgresql-11-postgis-2.5 package on Debian Stretch is broken...

~# cat /etc/debian_version 
9.11

~# apt-cache policy postgresql-11-postgis-2.5
postgresql-11-postgis-2.5:
  Installed: 2.5.2+dfsg-1~exp1.pgdg90+1
  Candidate: 2.5.3+dfsg-2.pgdg90+1
  Version table:
     2.5.3+dfsg-2.pgdg90+1 500
        500 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt stretch-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
 *** 2.5.2+dfsg-1~exp1.pgdg90+1 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

~# apt-get install postgresql-11-postgis-2.5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 postgresql-11-postgis-2.5 : Depends: libgeos-c1v5 (>= 3.7.0) but 3.5.1-3 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

--
Nicolas

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:30:34 +0200

Re: Nicolas Payart 2019-10-21 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

thanks for the report.

I fixed that a few hours back. The problem was that I forgot to copy
the backports when I promoted the postgis builds. The backports had
been sitting in *-pgdg-testing for a few months, and I knew I would
forget to promote them along... I guess that means we should include
running "debcheck" when we put new packages live, and not just run it
nightly. (Where it had actually spotted that problem, but because
there were some other latent broken things, I didn't really pay
attention.)

Christoph