Subject: PostgreSQL 13 package for pgtap - how to get one?

From: Richard Huxton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 09:14:04 +0100

It's easy enough to build yourself of course, but I'm assuming pgtap is 
quite a popular extension.

The current packaging seems to do everything up to postgresql v12 and 
I'm not experienced in Debian pacakaging, but it seemed to just need the 
extra version added to debian/control and tests/control to produce one 
for postgresql v13.

If there is a public repo for this then I'm happy to do a bit more work 
and testing and submit a pull request, but I couldn't find the debian 
packaging repo.

TIA

-- 
   Richard Huxton

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:24:03 +0200

Re: Richard Huxton
> If there is a public repo for this then I'm happy to do a bit more work and
> testing and submit a pull request, but I couldn't find the debian packaging
> repo.

Hi,

I updated the package yesterday, it's available from
apt.postgresql.org. (And in Debian once it passes the NEW queue.)

Christoph

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:25:27 +0200

Re: Richard Huxton
> testing and submit a pull request, but I couldn't find the debian packaging

I didn't realize you meant a git repo there. Finding that is easy:

$ apt-cache showsrc pgtap
Package: pgtap
...
Vcs-Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/pgtap
Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/pgtap.git

Christoph

---

From: Richard Huxton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 10:29:51 +0100

> apt.postgresql.org. (And in Debian once it passes the NEW queue.)

Now that is what I call service. Done before I even asked for it :-)

Thanks for the pointer on how to locate source repos too.

-- 
   Richard Huxton