Subject: Postgis package for Postgresql 13

From: Arya F <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 10:45:10 -0400

I'm using Postgresql 13 on Debian 10. I installed it using the following repo

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt buster-pgdg main

However when doing "apt install postgis", it tries to install
postgresql-12-postgis-3-scripts and postgresql-client-12

I am using Postgresql 13, Has the Postgis package been released in the
repository yet? if yes, how can I tell it to install it for Postgresql
13 instead of 12?

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 20:38:15 +0200

Re: Arya F
> repository yet? if yes, how can I tell it to install it for Postgresql

Try selecting the package explicitly:

apt install postgresql-13-postgis-3

Christoph

---

From: Arya F <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 15:53:57 -0400

I have installed the postgresql-13-postgis-3 package. The issue is
that I need the "shp2pgsql" utility and it's part of the "Postgis"
package. It never gets installed by installing the
"postgresql-13-postgis-3" package

---

From: Imre Samu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 04:20:51 +0200

> postgresql-12-postgis-3-scripts and postgresql-client-12

try:

apt install --no-install-recommends postgresql-13-postgis-3
apt install --no-install-recommends postgis

log:

root@907b64b795c0:/# apt install --no-install-recommends postgis
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Recommended packages:
  postgresql-12-postgis-3 postgis-doc
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  postgis
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 322 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,517 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt buster-pgdg/main amd64
postgis amd64 3.0.2+dfsg-2.pgdg100+1 [322 kB]
Fetched 322 kB in 0s (1,486 kB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package postgis.
(Reading database ... 13173 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../postgis_3.0.2+dfsg-2.pgdg100+1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking postgis (3.0.2+dfsg-2.pgdg100+1) ...
Setting up postgis (3.0.2+dfsg-2.pgdg100+1) ...
root@907b64b795c0:/#

tested with:

docker run -it --rm postgres:13 bash

apt update
apt install --no-install-recommends postgresql-13-postgis-3
apt install --no-install-recommends postgis

Imre