Subject: pgadmin4 adopter wanted

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 17:30:05 +0200

Hi,

the pgadmin4 developers have started distributing their own .deb and
.rpm packages [*] which makes me wonder if we should continue shipping
our own pgadmin4.deb packages. As a GUI application, it is naturally
hard to test, so bugs like

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5692

are prone to happen. I'm not extensively using the package myself, so
I'd be glad if someone else took over maintenance of it.

Anyone interested? Otherwise I'd propose that we drop it.

Christoph

[*] They never contacted me about it, and I was pretty much
disappointed when I found out. My motivation to continue working on
the package is quite low.

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt/

---

From: William Bonnet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:35:14 +0200

Hi Christoph,

Dropping this package is a question that really makes sens. If the
decision is to keep it, and as a postgresql and pgadmin user i would
like to volunteer to  takeover.

Il will certainly have many question,including about the takerover
procedure since it is the first time i apply for this.

> Anyone interested? Otherwise I'd propose that we drop it.

king regards,

William

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 23:52:53 +0200

Re: William Bonnet
> like to volunteer to  takeover.

Hi William,

do you have experience with Debian packaging? You'll likely have to
work on packaging or updating Python module packages in Debian as
well.

Plus debugging the whole stack on older Debian/Ubuntu releases.

Christoph