Subject: About Repository

From: Eddy Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 12:33:00 -0400

Hi guys, i've been trying to install PostgreSQL from repository for two
days and found the following persistent error:

*Get:7 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt> buster-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
[204 kB]Err:7 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt> buster-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
File has unexpected size (203163 != 203575). Mirror sync in progress? [IP:
72.32.157.246 80]  Hashes of expected file:   - Filesize:203575 [weak]   -
SHA256:65a862a3af4340330573e703e86f703a08dfacc242c9028a0eebe8caf070fc06   -
SHA1:0702c6348b93a86180cba9cb20c33f2181ee05ac [weak]   -
MD5Sum:a15e64edf54cdd09518b92bb369d9ce4 [weak]  Release file created at:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 22:04:36 +0000Fetched 290 kB in 1s (250 kB/s)Reading
package lists... DoneE: Failed to fetch
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2>
 File has unexpected size (203163 != 203575). Mirror sync in progress? [IP:
72.32.157.246 80]   Hashes of expected file:    - Filesize:203575 [weak]
- SHA256:65a862a3af4340330573e703e86f703a08dfacc242c9028a0eebe8caf070fc06
  - SHA1:0702c6348b93a86180cba9cb20c33f2181ee05ac [weak]    -
MD5Sum:a15e64edf54cdd09518b92bb369d9ce4 [weak]   Release file created at:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 22:04:36 +0000E: Some index files failed to download. They
have been ignored, or old ones used instead.*

I need to know if the problem is in my network or the repo itself is faulty,

   Regards

Ed Garcia

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 22:31:05 +0200

Re: Eddy Garcia
> I need to know if the problem is in my network or the repo itself is faulty,

Hi Ed,

I don't know if it was wrong yesterday, but now everything looks fine:

HEAD http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
Content-Length: 203575

curl --head --header 'Host: apt.postgresql.org' http://72.32.157.246/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
Content-Length: 203575

/srv/apt/repo master $ l dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
-rw-r--r-- 1 aptuser aptadmin 203575 Oct  9 00:04 dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2

The file is now 22h old, so if you have been getting errors today,
that would be very suspicious of a local problem at your end. Is there
any proxy involved?

Christoph

---

From: Eddy Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 09:55:32 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Eddy Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: vie, 9 oct 2020 a las 12:33
Subject: About Repository
To: <[email-masked]>

*Get:6 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt> buster-pgdg InRelease [104
kB]Get:7 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt> buster-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
[216 kB]Err:7 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt> buster-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
File has unexpected size (215605 != 215561). Mirror sync in progress? [IP:
217.196.149.55 80]  Hashes of expected file:   - Filesize:215561 [weak]   -
SHA256:974e4b8a0a4687255a2f3d1f28a67328ea88b9d196e6e68f3d5c3003448194c1   -
SHA1:3d6517d91bed3ddef5eed255b188c4f4df998fe0 [weak]   -
MD5Sum:131c4a91afd4658412a14bd1fb352b10 [weak]  Release file created at:
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:28:35 +0000Fetched 225 kB in 2s (127 kB/s)Reading
package lists... DoneE: Failed to fetch
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
<http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2>
 File has unexpected size (215605 != 215561). Mirror sync in progress? [IP:
217.196.149.55 80]   Hashes of expected file:    - Filesize:215561 [weak]
  -
SHA256:974e4b8a0a4687255a2f3d1f28a67328ea88b9d196e6e68f3d5c3003448194c1
- SHA1:3d6517d91bed3ddef5eed255b188c4f4df998fe0 [weak]    -
MD5Sum:131c4a91afd4658412a14bd1fb352b10 [weak]   Release file created at:
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:28:35 +0000E: Some index files failed to download. They
have been ignored, or old ones used instead.*

   Regards

Ed Garcia

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 17:26:09 +0100

Re: Eddy Garcia
> Date: vie, 9 oct 2020 a las 12:33

Hi Eddy,

that's a quite old message, do you still have that issue?

Christoph

---

From: Eddy Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 14:54:51 -0500

Hi  Christoph, the issue has happened to me several times, in fact, right
now, I'm unable to update and install packages from this repo.
  Best Regards

Ed García

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 21:06:50 +0100

Re: Eddy Garcia
> now, I'm unable to update and install packages from this repo.

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem here, even when forcing the mirror to
be on 87.238.57.227 via /etc/hosts. I get exactly the Packages(.bz2)
file from your "expected file" message.

Is there any HTTP proxy or apt cacher (approx and the like) in the
chain?

Christoph