Subject: PostgreSQL 18 package not rebuilt since Dec.18th

From: Cédric Villemain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2025 12:31:16 +0100

Hi Christoph,

sometime ago I have updated apt page on PostgreSQL wiki [1] about 
version 18 (devel).
But PostgreSQL is not rebuilt each 6 hours, contrary to the mention in 
the wiki (latest package is from December 18th).

Is it expected to not rebuild devel each 6 hours and then I will update 
the wiki accordingly (new policy?) ?
Or is there a problem with the build process ?

Tks,

Cédric

[1] 
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release 

---
Cédric Villemain +33 6 20 30 22 52
https://www.Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Support, Expertise, Training, R&D

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 18:01:57 +0300

Hi,

> the wiki (latest package is from December 18th).

That date matches the date when pg_logicalinspect was added. Packagers
may need to update related files.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2025 18:16:02 +0100

Re: Devrim Gündüz
> may need to update related files.

That one was actually handled automatically. The actual reason was a
new symbol in libpq5 that needed adding in debian/libpq5.symbols:

+ PQservice@Base 18~~

Thanks for the heads-up! New build is running now.

Christoph

---

From: Cédric Villemain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 10:43:00 +0100

> Thanks for the heads-up! New build is running now.

Tks for the rebuild and the fix!

---