Subject: Several postgresql-15 packages pulled in bullseye, only

From: Brian Cosgrove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 14:35:16 -0500

It appears that postgresql-15 packages pulled for minor releases before
15.4 in bullseye, only. That's very specific. Was it a mistake or a
platform-specific (bullseye) issue?

-- 
Brian Cosgrove

---

From: Aaron Pavely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 18:52:29 -0500

> platform-specific (bullseye) issue?

That's normal behaviour per [1]. If you look closely, it is not just
bullseye! Older minor releases are still available in the apt-archive
repository at [2].

On occasion, you will find older versions of packages still available in
the primary repository, but these are usually for distributions that are
beyond the public EOL date (e.g., Ubuntu 18.04). This is because while the
distribution itself has yet to be retired from the repository, no newer
packages have been built. In due course, these packages will eventually be
removed, and will only be available thereafter in the aforementioned
apt-archive repository.

-- Aaron

[1]:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#Where_are_older_versions_of_the_packages.3F
[2]: https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/

---

From: Brian Cosgrove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 21:14:31 -0500

Thanks for the explanation. I genuinely did not know!

-- 
Brian Cosgrove