Subject: Availability of postgis point releases?

From: Alobar Bandaloop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:45:35 -0500

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if/when the latest point releases of the
postgis package (specifically 2.5.8) will be packaged and available at
apt.postgresql.org? Also, I tried to track down the info/packaging policy
but I couldn't find anything. Is there somewhere I can find that info to
save pestering folks on the email list?

Thanks!

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:02:55 +0200

Re: Alobar Bandaloop
> save pestering folks on the email list?

The latest latest point release is 3.2.3 which I just pushed out.

We don't package the older postgis major releases, the combinatorial
explosion Debian/Ubuntu releases * 4 architectures * PG 10/11/12/13/14
is already big enough.

Christoph

---

From: Alobar Bandaloop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:13:11 -0500

Thank you for the clarification!