Subject: Not working repmgr in PgSQL15

From: Vojtěch Dušátko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 11:42:54 +0100

Hello guys,

I found a problem with repmgr in PGDG debian bullseye repo. There's a 
problem that repmgr released version 5.3.3 which adds support for 
postgresql 15 [1][2].

If you install into Debian 11 (and maybe other distros) 
postgresql-15-repmgr package, there's a version 5.3.2-1 of repmgr, which 
is incompatible with postgresql 15 and causes failure during startup of 
postgresql-15.

Repmgr 5.3.2 is obviuosly not compatible with postgresql 15 so it 
shouldn't be as postgresql-15-repmgr package.

Error below:

/FATAL:  cannot request additional shared memory outside 
shmem_request_hook//
//LOG:  database system is shut down//
//pg_ctl: could not start server/

Can somebody take a look at it, please?

Many thanks.

[1] - https://repmgr.org/docs/current/release-5.3.3.html

[2] - https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/repmgr/releases/tag/v5.3.3

-- 
Vojtěch Dušátko

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:13:00 +0100

Re: Vojtěch Dušátko
> problem that repmgr released version 5.3.3 which adds support for postgresql
> 15 [1][2].

Hi Vojtěch,

thanks for spotting that. 5.3.3 had already been built the other week,
but not yet been promoted to the live distribution. I've done that
now, repmgr 5.3.3 should be available on the mirrors over the next
hour.

Christoph