Subject: postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts has not been updated to 3.1.3 ?

From: Imre Samu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 00:14:11 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to update https://github.com/postgis/docker-postgis project  to
the latest PostGIS 3.1.3
with https://github.com/postgis/docker-postgis/pull/253
and receiving this error :
       *Error:  E: Version '3.1.3+dfsg-1~exp1.pgdg100+1+b1' for
'postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts' was not found*

as I see the - the postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts  is still on 3.1.2
*   postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts/buster-pgdg 3.1.2+dfsg-1~exp2.pgdg100+1
all*

And I am expecting 3.1.3

1.)  How I checked:

docker pull postgres:14beta3
docker run  -it --rm postgres:14beta3 bash -c "apt update && apt search
postgis | grep postgresql-14-postgis"

results: mix of 3.1.3 and 3.1.2

postgresql-14-postgis-3/buster-pgdg *3.1.3*+dfsg-1~exp1.pgdg100+1+b1 amd64
postgresql-14-postgis-3-dbgsym/buster-pgdg *3.1.3*+dfsg-1~exp1.pgdg100+1+b1
amd64
  debug symbols for postgresql-14-postgis-3
*postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts/buster-pgdg 3.1.2+dfsg-1~exp2.pgdg100+1
all*

Thanks in advance,
 Imre

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 13:12:45 +0200

Re: Imre Samu

Hi,

thanks for spotting that.

The problem arose because a new postgis version, me working on
supporting PG 14, and adding new distributions (impish, bookworm) all
happened at the same time. Add the necessity for a +b1 binNMU to the
mix, and the result was that the architecture _all .deb files for PG14
were never built.

Our repository QA scripts didn't catch that because
postgresql-14-postgis-3 depends on postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts
without a version constraint, so everything was still installable.

It's fixed now, but you'll still need to update the Dockerfile as the
-scripts package doesn't have the +b1 suffix since it's arch:all.
(Why is the version hard-coded there anyway?)

Christoph

---

From: Imre Samu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 23:49:54 +0200

> -scripts package doesn't have the +b1 suffix since it's arch:all.

Thank you for the fix - and the explanation.

Probably the simplest fix is removing the  " -scripts=$POSTGIS_VERSION"
hard-coded version
    ( in the debian template - so every debian version)
           postgresql-$PG_MAJOR-postgis-$POSTGIS_MAJOR=$POSTGIS_VERSION \
           postgresql-$PG_MAJOR-postgis-$POSTGIS_MAJOR-scripts \

> (Why is the version hard-coded there anyway?)

IMHO:
- probably - we try to copy the upstream "best practices"  ...
 ( https://github.com/docker-library/postgres/search?q=PG_VERSION  )

Thanks again,
  Imre

Christoph Berg <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. aug. 20., P,