Subject: Request for making pg_stat_monitor extension available via PGDG apt repositories

From: Hamid Akhtar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:45:13 +0500

Hi,

I am one of the maintainers of an enhanced open source statistics extension
for PostgreSQL; pg_stat_monitor.

PGDG is already providing RPM packages for pg_stat_monitor. This is a
request to kindly make it available via the PGDG's apt repositories. The
project is currently in Beta, but about to go GA within the next 4-6 weeks.

Currently, we are building the Debian packages for our internal
distribution, however, the process may be different in case of PGDG.
Following is the project GitHub URL and Debian packaging path within the
sources:

Product GitHub URL:
https://github.com/percona/pg_stat_monitor/

Debian Packaging Directory:
https://github.com/percona/pg_stat_monitor/tree/master/percona-packaging/debian

Regards.

Hamid Akhtar

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:31:23 +0200

Re: Hamid Akhtar

Hi,

for getting pg_stat_monitor into Debian and apt.postgresql.org, the
repository needs to have a certain format. I haven't tried building it
yet, but there are some bits that I can see:

* the / directory in the repository either needs to contain the actual
  source code, or contain /debian/ only.
* debian/control(.in) references percona-postgresql-server-dev-all
  and percona-postgresql-@@PG_REL@@  which do not exist
* control.in uses @@PG_REPL@@ instead of the normal PGVERSION, despite
  using pgxs_debian_control.mk
* the Description is overflowing the first line (see short vs. long
  description)
* you could try upgrading to the more modern `dh --with=pgxs`
  packaging, see pg_buildext(1) on bullseye and later
* debian/copyright doesn't follow the formatting declared in line 1

Christoph