Subject: pgbouncer 1.16.1 packages for Ubuntu 18.04 not found

From: Mikhail Grigorev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 20:35:36 +0500

Hi

pgbouncer v1.16.1 packages for Ubuntu 18.04 not found in repo
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/p/pgbouncer/

Previously these packages were present.

Is it a bug? or is it meant to be?

Thank's

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the best regards, Mikhail Grigorev
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russia
Chelyabinsk
WWW: www.programs74.ru
WWW: www.im-history.ru
WWW: www.novell.chel.ru
Github: https://github.com/CHERTS/
Blog: https://blog.programs74.ru
E-Mail: [email-masked]
ICQ: 161867489
Skype: cherts74
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 18:00:33 +0200

Re: Mikhail Grigorev
> Previously these packages were present.

We just upgraded to 1.17.

If you still need the old packages, try apt-archive.postgresql.org.

Christoph

---

From: Mikhail Grigorev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 01:49:32 +0500

Hello Christoph!

Probably you did not understand the essence of the problem.

Look at the screenshot below

For Ubuntu 20.10 there is version 1.16.0 is available
For Ubuntu 21.04 there is version 1.16.1 is available
But Ubuntu 20.10 is not an LTS release.
But Ubuntu 18.04 is LTS and there are no 1.16.x version packages for it at
all! Version 18.04 LTS will be supported until April 2023.
Where is the logic?

С наилучшими пожеланиями, Михаил Григорьев
Россия
г. Челябинск

---

From: Aaron Pavely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 20:21:15 -0500

For each distribution release variant, the apt repository contains only the
latest version of each package.

The Ubuntu releases 20.10 and 21.04 are no longer supported, and
consequently, did not have new packages built, so that is why you see
pgbouncer 1.16.0-1 & 1.16.1-1 releases for each, respectively. As Ubuntu
18.04 is an LTS release and still supported, the latest pgbouncer release
is 1.17.0-1, and as such, you will find only that version in the repository.

As Christoph suggested, for older packages, please see
apt-archive.postgresql.org.

-- Aaron