Subject: libpg-query -- new upstream version

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2024 23:53:40 -0800

Hi,

There is a new upstream version of libpg_query[1] and I have pushed
updated packaging to the Salsa repo[2]. This release upgrades to
Postgres 17 and is required for upgrading pglast to its latest upstream
version[3]. I have tested locally that pglast 7.0 builds successfully
with the updated packages for libpg-query.

One question that I had was around the package naming -- it looks like
the last upload renamed the libraries for the 64-bit time_t transition.
I wasn't sure if this naming was only needed for the transition or is
needed going forward. I also removed the 'Replaces' and 'Breaks' from
d/control.

Thanks,
--Bradford

[1]: https://github.com/pganalyze/libpg_query/releases/tag/17-6.0.0
[2]: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/libpg-query
[3]: https://github.com/lelit/pglast/releases/tag/v7.0

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 19:26:13 +0100

Re: Bradford Boyle
> needed going forward. I also removed the 'Replaces' and 'Breaks' from

Hi Bradford,

the t64 can be removed after any soname change, it was only there to
have a different package name when the soname didn't change with the
64-bit time ABI change on armhf. I did that in the upload.

Thanks for preparing the package!

Christoph