Subject: postgresql-common updated to version 272.pgdg+1

From: apt.postgresql.org Repository Update <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 19:47:37 +0000

The package postgresql-common was updated on apt.postgresql.org.

apt-listchanges: Changelogs
---------------------------

postgresql-common (272.pgdg+1) sid-pgdg; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for sid-pgdg.
  * No source changes.

 -- PostgreSQL on Debian and Ubuntu <[email-masked]>  Thu, 13 Feb 2025 15:14:15 +0100

postgresql-common (272) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Move libipc-run-perl dependency to postgresql-common-dev.

 -- Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>  Thu, 13 Feb 2025 15:14:15 +0100

New version 272.pgdg+1:

postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg+1         | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg130+1      | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg120+1      | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg110+1      | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | plucky-pgdg   | amd64, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | oracular-pgdg | amd64, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg24.04+1    | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg22.04+1    | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql-common         | 272.pgdg20.04+1    | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x, source
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg+1      | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg130+1   | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg120+1   | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg110+1   | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg24.04+1 | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg22.04+1 | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql                | 17+272.pgdg20.04+1 | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg+1         | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg130+1      | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg120+1      | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg110+1      | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg24.04+1    | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg22.04+1    | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-all            | 272.pgdg20.04+1    | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg+1      | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg130+1   | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg120+1   | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg110+1   | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg24.04+1 | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg22.04+1 | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client         | 17+272.pgdg20.04+1 | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg+1         | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg130+1      | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg120+1      | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg110+1      | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg24.04+1    | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg22.04+1    | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-client-common  | 272.pgdg20.04+1    | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg+1         | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg130+1      | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg120+1      | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg110+1      | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg24.04+1    | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg22.04+1    | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-common-dev     | 272.pgdg20.04+1    | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg+1      | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg130+1   | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg120+1   | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg110+1   | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg24.10+1 | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg24.04+1 | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg22.04+1 | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-doc            | 17+272.pgdg20.04+1 | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg+1         | sid-pgdg      | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg130+1      | trixie-pgdg   | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg120+1      | bookworm-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg110+1      | bullseye-pgdg | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | plucky-pgdg   | amd64
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg24.10+1    | oracular-pgdg | amd64
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg24.04+1    | noble-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg22.04+1    | jammy-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x
postgresql-server-dev-all | 272.pgdg20.04+1    | focal-pgdg    | amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x

The public mirrors serving apt.postgresql.org are synced hourly,
the updated packages will be available there shortly.

---

From: Thomas Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 14:00:59 +0100

Hello !

Concerning this update, we have noticed that postgresql-common-dev has
been added to the dependencies list of postgresql-common.

postgresql-common-dev has a dependency to the package make which
prevents us to update postgresql-common and other packages from the
pgdg repository on our servers as we forbid the installation of the
make package.

This was not the case previously, can you please remove
postgresql-common-dev from the dependency list of postgresql-common ?

Thank you !!

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 14:50:59 +0100

Re: Thomas Martin
> postgresql-common-dev from the dependency list of postgresql-common ?

Hi,

the plan was that this is only a temporary dependency until all
extensions have gained a direct test-dependency on
postgresql-common-dev. This would happen naturally with the PG18
release in September/October.

I guess we will just remove the dependency and do that transition now.

Christoph

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 15:32:54 +0100

Re: To Thomas Martin

Hi,

the way I resolved it now is to drop "make". Once we transition all
extensions to PG18, we can put the proper dependencies in place again.

Christoph

---

From: Thomas Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 17:20:48 +0100

Hi Christoph,

thank you a lot for taking the time to apply a workaround to address this issue.

This fixed our problems with the update.

Thanks again !!

Regards