Subject: apt.postgresql.org news

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 15:57:41 +0100

Hi,

a few infrastructure bits have changed for apt.postgresql.org:

# New Jenkins host

The Jenkins build server for apt.postgresql.org had been hosted by
DG-i (https://www.dg-i.net/) since the very start of the project in
2011, and it served us very well. Thanks to DG-i for that!

To centralize project resources more, it has now been moved to a
machine administrated by the PostgreSQL Sysadmins. The new URL is:

https://jengus.postgresql.org/

# New arm64 build host

On similar news, the arm64 build host (previously provided by Huawei)
has been moved to postgresql.org resources where it is closer to the
Jenkins and master repository hosts, hopefully resolving some of the
networking issues we have been seeing.

# Reconsidering s390x

The current s390x build host has poor IO and CPU performance,
frequently making otherwise good package builds and tests fail with
random timeouts. We are seeing if this can be improved - if not, we
will likely drop the s390x architecture from apt.postgresql.org.

# "pgapt" git moved to salsa.debian.org

The scripts and glue code driving apt.postgresql.org were hosted in a
git repository on git.postgresql.org, where it was some kind of weird
outlier since pretty much every other Debian packaging git repository
is hosted on salsa.debian.org. The git repository has been moved
there, making it more accessible for contributors to PostgreSQL on
Debian:

https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/apt.postgresql.org/

# Redmine closing down

There was a pgapt project in a postgresql.org Redmine instance. It was
never widely announced, and only received a few issue reports here and
there. As the whole instance is being decommissioned, the remaining
issue reports from there have been moved to other bug trackers. Users
wishing to report bugs, feature requests and other bits are welcome to
use these channels:

* the pgsql-pkg-debian mailing list (https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-pkg-debian/)
* the Debian bug tracking system (https://bugs.debian.org)
* https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/apt.postgresql.org/-/issues
* issues on individual projects on https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/

# Ubuntu plucky 25.04 support added

Plucky has not been released yet by Ubuntu, but packages for it are
already being built.

Christoph

---

From: Cédric Villemain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 19:27:13 +0100

Looks like a lot of very good moves!
Thank you Christoph for your countless contributions in getting greater 
PostgreSQL support in debian/ubuntu.

Cédric

-- 
---
Cédric Villemain +33 6 20 30 22 52
https://www.Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Support, Expertise, Training, R&D