Subject: Pgbouncer issue

From: Nicodemo Peloso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 11:32:26 -0300

Hi Team,
Please if you can upgrade version of pgversion inside the repo to 
"PgBouncer 1.20.1". This is important in many systems.
Refer: https://www.pgbouncer.org/changelog.html#pgbouncer-120x

Thanks for your work.
------------------------------------------------------
Universidad Nacional Rosario
------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 19:56:24 -0700

Hello,

I have pushed a commit to s.d.o [1] to update the Debian packaging for
pgbouncer 1.20.1. I'd like to request a review and upload, as time
permits. It looks like lintian is failing for an error on lsb-base (>=
3.1) but this error was also generated for the 1.20.0 release so I
haven't fixed this. It looks like this constraint has been in place in
since 2008 -- should I update this to just be lsb-base? As two points of
reference, lsb-base in Ubuntu 18.04 is >= 9 and in Debian oldstable it
is >= 11. I'd assume that all currently supported dists would satisfy
lsb-base >= 3.1.

Thanks,
-- Bradford

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/pgbouncer/-/commit/f1bf1e635474c7e310bf39d53f92b64adc3ec9ec

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:10:41 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> pgbouncer 1.20.1.

Thanks, and also thanks for updating pgbackrest.

> is >= 11. I'd assume that all currently supported dists would satisfy

I had seen it when I uploaded .0, but didn't do anything about it
since there were enough other things to take care about with the PG16
transition.

We can just drop it in the next upload, it depends on sysvinit-utils
now which is essential.

Christoph