Subject: postgresql-server-dev-17 missing utils/wait_event_types.h header

From: Andrew Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:29:27 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for maintaining the package repo!

When trying to build an extension with the postgresql-server-dev-17
package, it errors with:

/usr/include/postgresql/17/server/utils/wait_event.h:29:10: fatal error:
utils/wait_event_types.h: No such file or directory

It looks like utils/wait_event_types.h is a generated file (commit
fa88928470b538c0ec0289e4d69ee12356c5a8ce), which may be the cause.

- Andrew

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 18:00:03 +0200

Re: Andrew Kane
> fa88928470b538c0ec0289e4d69ee12356c5a8ce), which may be the cause.

Hi Andrew,

that's a PG bug; I've forwarded it to pgsql-hackers.

Thanks for spotting,
Christoph

---

From: Andrew Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 14:48:01 -0700

Great, thanks Christoph!

- Andrew

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:37:08 +0200

Re: Andrew Kane
> Great, thanks Christoph!

It has already been fixed:

-rw-r--r--  1 root root   3520 Jun 30 11:39 wait_event.h
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   6281 Jun 30 11:39 wait_event_types.h

Christoph

---

From: Andrew Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:51:13 -0700

Great, thanks again! Confirmed it's working with the latest
postgresql-server-dev-17.

- Andrew