Subject: Unmet dependencies error with postgresql-18

From: Andrew Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2025 23:04:54 -0700

Hi, it looks like the postgresql-common dependency was recently bumped to
>= 275 for postgresql-18 [1]. However, this is causing installation to fail
on Ubuntu (tested on 24.04 and 22.04) with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 postgresql-18 : Depends: postgresql-common (>= 275~) but 274.pgdg24.04+1
is to be installed

Is it possible to provide postgresql-common 275 in the snapshot repo (or is
there another way to get this dependency on Ubuntu)?

Thanks,
Andrew

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql/-/commit/c69a2a9799bc341cae017b6bc6ac6a9169ce2ac2

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2025 11:56:51 +0200

Re: Andrew Kane
> there another way to get this dependency on Ubuntu)?

Hi,

sorry about that, I now uploaded postgresql-common to *-pgdg-snapshot
as well.

The alternative would have been to add *-pgdg-testing to sources.list,
but let's keep things self-contained. (This is what the tests on
apt.postgresql.org are doing, so it didn't show up as a problem.)

Christoph

---

From: Andrew Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2025 11:13:46 -0700

Thanks Christoph! Confirmed that fixed it.

- Andrew