Subject: New upstream version for pg-ldap-sync

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2025 17:48:47 -0700

Hi All,

There is a new upstream version of pg-ldap-sync available (0.5.0 ->
0.5.1) and I have updated the packaging on s.d.o. It looks like the
build is failing for bullseye and focal. I am not an expert on Ruby but
it looks like the root cause is that these platforms provide ruby 2.7
while the other distributions provide ruby 3+. I think it might be
possible to provide a package tweak to enable this version to build on
bullseye and focal but given that both of these are rather old
distributions at this point, it might be exclude them from the build on
PGDG.

If there is no objection, I can push a commit to the apt.postgresql.org
repo excluding these distributions.

-- Bradford

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 11:43:19 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> repo excluding these distributions.

Right, let's drop the two. Especially focal is EOL in 3 weeks anyway.

Christoph

---

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2025 21:19:15 -0700

I've disabled pg-ldap-sync for bullseye and focal. pg-ldap-sync should
be ready for a review and upload as time permits.

Thanks,

-- Bradford

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 11:34:10 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> be ready for a review and upload as time permits.

Thanks!

Christoph