Subject: PostgreSQL packages for Ubuntu 23.04 and 23.10 on aarch64

From: Marc Balmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:45:03 +0100

Dear packagers

This is a feature request:

I’d like to see PostgreSQL .deb packages for Ubuntu 23.04 and 23.10 for the aarch64 architecture.

Thanks for considering,
Marc

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 13:32:24 +0100

Re: Marc Balmer
> I’d like to see PostgreSQL .deb packages for Ubuntu 23.04 and 23.10 for the aarch64 architecture.

Hi Marc,

so far we have only built amd64 packages for the non-LTS ubuntu
releases to limit the combinatorial explosion a bit.

24.04 will be out shortly, and that will be an LTS release.
After that, we can talk about possibly extending the set of
architectures for the non-LTS releases, but I'd rather not do that
with 23.x releases now, given they will be obsolete in a few weeks
anyway.

Christoph